Thursday, September 24, 2009

February 2009

This month started French courses and ...... Kurentovanje!!

Already in December, inhabitants talked about it and I understood now after to see one!

I was glad to live in the city where the biggest Slovenian carnaval happen! Amazing to see differents parades, costums and so many people in the street!! Kurent masks were the most surprising. I had possibility to visit the familial factory of Kurent, we had explanation about its history, how it is make, which materials and luckily we could dressed a hat! The Kurent's hat put on the head I felt so strange, it is heavy and stifling. I could not keep it on more than 5 minutes!!
Bravous are the people who wear this costum during the parade!
*Kurent made by Sonček*





I participated to otročka maškarada as make up artist and as a clown. I realized how carnaval is important for Slovenian. I am quite sure you already think/know your next costum for 2010!Right?





The best I saw from the carnaval, was the cloture!! So funny how the city stop to work and everybody meet in the bars, dance, drinck, get drunck.... Everythink you need to obtain a nice headache! Boli me glava!!!


During winter holidays, we organised activities for children : creation of masks, make up, games, pearls, ping-pong tournament and 5 senses game.
2 volunteers, Dora Lenart and Alen Kranj , helped me during this week. It was nice to work together.
It is really interesting to observ children who try to find a communication's way with me.
Some of them, are not affraid at this difference (our nationality) and try some words in English or by mime and some are really shy even when I try to express myself in Slovene (velika katastrofa seveda!!!)

I think, till you are free and open your heart to the kids, you can have very good time even if you do not speak the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment